June is National Homeownership Month, a time for American families to celebrate, share stories, and create memories for years to come. While the “American Dream” of owning a home can be a long process, families and communities are reconsidering what they want in a home due to current circumstances. As the pandemic factors in concerning the changing priorities, so do the types of homes people are looking for. More people are looking for extra space inside and outside of their homes where they can enjoyably spend more time within the confines of their property. The need for more space paves the way for working from home, e-learning, and just spending time with family.
Surveys show that real estate is ranked as one of the best investments you can make. Among reasons to celebrate, here are 5-Benefits every American homeowner should enjoy this National Homeownership Month:
1. Pride Of Ownership
- Nothing could be more enjoyable than living in a space that is uniquely yours. You can customize your home to your tastes.
2. Stronger Connection
- Homeowners have a stronger connection to their neighborhoods and are more likely to contribute to their community.
3. Comfort And Safety
- Owning a home gives you comfort, protection, and privacy. These things have become even more valuable during the recent health crisis.
4. Effective Inflation Hedge
- A property is often a good hedge against inflation. As inflation rises, so do property values. So it is a key advantage.
5. Highly Illiquid Asset
- An owned home is a tangible asset. However, while it has significant value, homeowners cannot quickly and easily sell the property without substantial depreciation.
6. High Transaction Costs
- When buying a home, the transaction costs are considerably higher. However, talking about investing in your future, the longer you’re in the house, the higher your equity will be.
No home and homeowner are the same. Everyone’s journey to homeownership is unique. Realtors, home inspectors, assistance programs, and all other roles play a part in the home buying process and making your homeowner’s success story an incredible one.
To all homeowners, take time this June to celebrate the new era of homeownership and how it has added value to your life. The National Homeownership Month is also a great opportunity to help home buyers become more informed homeowners.
If you or someone you know is looking to buy or sell and needs a home inspection in Seattle WA or the surrounding areas, please be sure to consider Home Resource Solutions. In addition, you can call at (253) 271-3536 or visit our website for more information or schedule your inspection services today.
Related video you might like:
Seattle, WA is one of the most liveable places in the United States, consistently ranked among the top 10 for good reason. Known to be the “Emerald City,” Seattle boasts its lush evergreen forests and environmental-friendly neighborhood.
If you want to live in one of the claimed top coffee cities in the United States where strong cultural touchstones and communities are diverse and ever-thriving, and its overall vibe, Home Resource Solutions will be there to make your home buying decision a most confident one.
Certified Master Inspector and owner, Daniel Arnett, together with his team of pros at Home Resource Solutions are dedicated to providing services with your best interests in mind. We stand by our “easy-to-do business with” reputation and the outstanding service we’ve been offering each of our clients through the years.